Kollektion Witulla is a design studio made up of two twin sisters, Jennifer and Natalie Witulla, based in Berlin. They present a collection of everyday use objects with a strong personality. Simple forms inspired by graphic lines seem to feature concept design characterised by a minimalist approach.
They use cold materials such as metal, glass, and stone in order to create long-lasting and timeless objects. Objects with smooth surfaces, sharp contours, and attention to detail. The sense of aesthetics as well as the tendency towards reduced designs leads to striking and at the same time simple products.
There are several designs that we particularly enjoy:
- ARC, a piece of minimalistic furniture with two faces - it serves both as a stool and a side table.
- STEP, changeable storage furniture for clothes, an open wardrobe, and a freely selectable drawer system.
- ORA, a mobile workstation for open spaces.
- COCO, a grinder made out of marble.
- PINA, a minimalist chair that searches for new multifunctionality of seating furniture.
- KIMO, a shelf with a timeless and universal design to be attached to the wall.
- LIA, a minimalist wardrobe rail bent in one piece with two distinctive circular base plates.
This collection represents products of Kollektion Witulla that fit well together for an interior concept. Various spaces can be equipped with the selected products to show an interior that plays with linear lines and soft curves.
A contrast of delicately folded metal sheet and voluminous steel pipe with soft curves is characteristic of all furniture. All furniture pieces are characterized by minimalistic and edgy shapes that appear contemporary and unisex. Solid colours in shades of anthracite and beige grey are the prefered colour range.